Sunday, April 3, 2011

"Live Each Day Like It's Your Last"


I've gathered, dissected, and analyzed my past. I have also laid out a sketch of what I want my future to hold: happiness. 

Creating and maintaining a sense of happiness has been a life long battle. It came much easier in my earliest youth, and has ever since been a most challenging journey to venture.

I've possessed more faith than a devout Christian, and I have also questioning why I have been put on this Earth in the first place. 

Then the dark, chilly waters start creeping up my neck. I feel its icy mist penetrate my nostrils. Yet, I can see the metal stopper, just barely in my reach. I know somehow, I will gain my footing once again, yank my spirits free, and let my troubles drain into the oceans of doubt. 

Most days, I shove my worries, my fears, my secrets into my pants' pocket. When laundry day rolls around, those worries explode in the washer like a pen releasing ink. That dark, thick ink sinks into the deepest crevices of the cotton, saturating every remaining thread, until the stains can never really be erased.

What I want more than anything in this world, is a huge bottle of bleach to dump onto those old, hardened stains, and let the chemicals lift them all away until those stains are no more.

I need a gust of clean, pure, soothing wind to toss away the layers of dirt, leaves, sticks, and weeds that surround my self-esteem, so I might wake up in the morning and realize that I am free of all the chains that once bound me to great heartache. 

1 comment:

  1. I wish you that clean white wind, but your words will help you find it.

    ReplyDelete